Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Rogan Josh And vacation

Hello to a short little vacation.  Much needed.  I don't have very much time to take off as I cashed in my leave when I went on DROP (retired ...kinda...in May).  But even a few days out of the office is special and needed.

We are spending a few days at St George Island but on the bay side this time. It's only a 2 hour ride and that makes it easier while traveling with Aja. Next year we want to head north to the Carolinas so that will require extra planning. Scoping out a place to retire and we like the mountains so that's a winning plan for us.

Vacation photos will be posted later in the week & I think I will start an album for them on iTunes as well. Not too familiar with how to do that but I may get a new phone and I don’t want to risk losing photos.

So, I Heart Cooking Club has a Potluck going on this week and I will link up with a Jamie Oliver version of Rogan Josh. As always I took liberties by adjusting ingredients to our taste.


Rogan Josh


Rogan Josh



Ingredients
  • 2 tsp vegetable oil
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • ⅓ cup (100g) rogan josh curry paste
  • ½ cauliflower, cut into florets
  • 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
  • 15 ounce (400g) can crushed tomatoes
  • 15 ounce (400g) can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
  • ⅓ cup chopped coriander
  • 3 cups steamed rice 
  • ½ cup (150g) low-fat Greek-style yogurt, to serve
Method
Heat oil in a large saucepan on medium. Cook onion, stirring, for 3-4 mins, until softened. Add Rogan Josh curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute
Add cauliflower and zucchini and cook, stirring, for 1 minute, coating well. Add crushed tomato, chickpeas and ½ cup water. Increase heat to high and bring to boil. Now reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 15 mins, until vegetables are tender. Stir in coriander.
Serve curry with rice and yogurt.


Pop over to I Heart Cooking Club and see what folks brought to Potluck. Click HERE.

By the way, I am doing this on a tablet and it’s not going smoothly, I guess some features are best to update on a real computer. Photos will be posted of the bay side accommodations later in the week.



9 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this but I like all the ingredients and it looks good.

    I need a vacation :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Vicki, it was good. I am becoming quite a fan of Indian cuisine. Vacations are certainly needed for a reset now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not hear of rogan josh curry paste before but we do love Indian food. Looks like a tasty meal. Good luck with the home search.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Indian food and this looks amazing! I loved your vacation pictures on Instagram. It looked so relaxing! We're mountain people too. We've talked about buying some land near Murphreesboro, TN because it's got such a roll to it but who knows if it'll ever happen. The Carolinas are gorgeous too and much cooler than you're used too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Diane. Appreciate it.

    Katherine, I hadn’t thought if Murphressboro but I will check it out. NC has a state income tax but we like it there. Oh, this Indian sauce has a kick, you will like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I haven't replied to your email. I'm hanging in there but it's been hard and I haven't been the best at corresponding. So happy to hear that you're looking for a place to retire. That is exciting. My husband and I always talk about whether we prefer the mountains or the beach and I always say mountains. There is just that feeling of peace and a connection there that I don't have with the beach. Plus, it's so cozy. Looking forward to hearing about your choice!

    Rogan Josh looks delicious. I love the idea of a veggie dish like this that is so comforting and substantial. Haven't cooked with Jamie in awhile. I need to grab his books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The simplicity and the flavors of the ingredients and spices speak to me. I love putting together a dish like this in one form or another.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this dish, I should try Jamie's version

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've made this before and we love it!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........